Friday, May 30, 2014

Deeper Research on Websocket

Description
Reflection
Decision Making
Lead to action

Next week tutorial requirements (Sweii):
- Competitor Research
- Draft of SOI
- Most of the people had make decision on what technology to be use and now try research more on the idea and content

I realize i am in the group of knowing what technology to use but without the proper content. So i need to start and research on what is exited and what are the possibility of Websocket.

Definition of Websocket
Web Sockets is a next-generation bidirectional communication technology for web applications which operates over a single socket and is exposed via a JavaScript interface in HTML 5 compliant browsers.
Once you get a Web Socket connection with the web server, you can send data from browser to server by calling a send() method, and receive data from server to browser by an onmessage event handler.

Websocket still are something new to me, and it is a great challenge for myself to challenge my self learning, tasks and time management skill. So I had done some research on sample of what websocket can create. This not only can help me understand websocket even better, it also can help come out with idea and concept of what are i will create with websocket.



Tutorial:
Annotation
This example application shows how to use WebSockets, the Go programming language and jQuery to create a simple web chat application. From here i am able to get on my hand to try some simple programming language with the source that available. Although there are not much connection to my final project but from this i able to understand some of the coding language of websocket which i think is a good start.
The code source is at:
Annotation
This website show me the programming language of websocket allow me to understand what are the language i need to apply during what situation. In this tutorial it show, WebSocket Attributes, Events and Method. At last is also show me a simple example. Since i just started to learn how operate Websocket i think this website really help understand on the programming language. After understand the coding i am able to read other free websocket sources.


Annotation
This share all source of information and demo that are created with websocket previously. Due to websocket is still new and there are other 3rd party APIs like Ajax that are able create the same function as websocket.  This is the first site i found when i search on google about socket. It provide me basic knowledge and some example that what are the think that i am able to create with websocket which provide me idea to create my final idea by using websocket.


and Example/Competitor research:

This is some of the example and reference i get online and also my inspiration for my final assignment idea. And i am going to use mobile and website to connect so i basically start to some are the similar project that are available online.

below are  three similar work that create by chrome experiment  with websocket and mobile device as the controller or as a medium.

Accelerometer
This used websocket to connect to mobile and access to mobile accelerometer . when swing the phone u control the ball. They used javascript to code the ball fizik calculation.

Phone Touch Screen
This also access the mobile devices using websocket, but it require more than one person to play this game basically in tap the screen to make the player run faster.

Screen sync
This experimental website is using webcam to sync the the phone screen to make the mobile look like to device to see another aspect of the video that are presented in the website.


I am able collect some of the idea from what had been done by chrome experiment lab and think something similar or different . They do share source and code online and i am able to access to learn what are the APIs that they use. But to compare them with myself, i think i need scope down my area to focus on one thing. They project is create by a teams or more than a teams. And mostly industrial designer and professional program. I need to research more and start my learning sooner so that i able to finish my final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment